Tuesday 17 May 2011

Installed Inspection Port & Installed Deck Eyestrap for Ratchet Block

Over the weekend, it was too cold to repair the gel coat. The temperature was below 15 degrees Celsius, and that means the gel coat wouldn't cure properly. So I decided instead to install the inspection port, and the deck eye strap to attach my new Harken Carbo Ratchet block (acquired off Ebay for a reasonable price).

I used a knock off dremel tool that someone gave me to cut the hole in the boat. The multi cutting tool bit I picked up for $5.00. It cut really well into the deck, but got really hot a few times. I had to give the tool a break once or twice! I used 3M 4200 sealant, to ensure a tight seal, and stainless screws, washers, and lock nuts to attach it to the deck. I put the bead of 3M on the deck, rotated the port, and drilled the holes necessary for the install. One word of advice, if you are using 3M 4200 do wear gloves. I spent the evening scrubbing my hands trying to get the excess off!

The eye strap for the ratchet block was very easy. I quickly drilled two holes for the strap after measuring, dabbed the screws with sealant, and tightened the screws, washers, and lock nuts.



1 comment:

  1. There are really a lot of new boat accessories that pops up nowadays. Better be careful and in choosing which one you are going to get, something that you really believe that you needed for your boat.

    Phone Accessories Otterbox Ipod

    ReplyDelete