Tuesday 24 May 2011

Painted Coaming

Well I prepared the boat this weekend to do the gel coat repair. However, when I opened the gel coat repair kit can, I found the gel coat had gone bad. It was as hard as a rubber ball. I will have to return it to the store I bought it from. So instead I decided to repaint the coaming. You could prime the coaming and paint it with a proper marine paint, but even the manufacturer recommends just a weather resistant spray paint. I previously painted the coaming with Krylon Fusion spary paint, but didn’t like the results (I also applied to much paint, resulting in drips all over the coaming). In addition, I also filled some cracks with an epoxy stick I had kicking around. So, I broke out my palm sander, sanded off the previous finish, and started from scratch. This time I chose Rustoleum Plastic spray paint, and you can see the results below! Looks almost new!

No comments:

Post a Comment