Thursday 28 July 2011

Sunfish Daggerboard Cord & Trunk Carpet

Can't think of anything else that needs doing. Last night I decided to grab some shock cord from my local shop. I threaded on two sister clips on each end of the cord and tied two figure 8 knots. This will work great as a dagger-board retainer line should I capsize, and will also allow me to yank up the dagger-board for adjustments while sailing, and have it stay in place. I got 9 feet of shock cord and threaded it through the bow handle. Tell a lie, I got approximately 10 feet and had some extra line left over after the knots. I wanted to play with the tension until I was satisfied.






I also grabbed 1 square yard of grey indoor outdoor carpet from Home Depot and cut them into 1"/13" strips. I glued one each to the fore and aft edges of the dagger-board trunk, and also one on each side, port and starboard. I just used some regular Loctice waterproof adhesive that I had lying around. I will see how well it holds up.

1 comment: